• Thu. Feb 22nd, 2024

Global Darpan

News & Media Website

The script of the Nepali film ‘Elephants in the Fog’ is available in the market for purchase

ByGlobal Darpan

Jul 4, 2023

Kathmandu: Director Avinash Vikram’s upcoming film ‘Elephants in the Fog’ has been selected for the prestigious Venice Film Festival’s ‘Market of Ideas.’ The Hollywood magazine Deadline has mentioned that the film, along with 62 other selected films from around the world, will be showcased at the ‘Venice Gap Financing Market,’ also known as ‘Benice Gap Financing Market.’

The film, written by Shah, is said to be a joint production of Less Barless and Underground Talkies Nepal. The ‘Benice Festival,’ considered an important part of the Venice Film Festival, is scheduled to take place from September 1 to September 3. The Benice Festival is scheduled to be held from August 30 to September 9.

This market of Benice has selected 62 films out of a total of 280 films in its final phase of development. Palestinian director Annemarie Jacir, Irish director Ailbhe Walsh, and Romanian film producer Enke Damian, along with other notable names, have also been selected in the Benice Market.

To be eligible for the Benice Market, 70% of the financing should be secured, and the remaining 30% is expected to be fulfilled. Shah’s written film presents a story of struggle presented by a sexual minority community residing in a village in Nepal. The film has previously received support through the Sundance Script Lab